1. Is Chuck and Dave’s salsa beneficial to your health?
Chuck and Dave’s is indeed beneficial to your health. see benefits below.
– Immunity: Ascorbic acid which is found in salsa is important for a healthy immune system. This nutrient protects the integrity of your tissues and possible cell damage. Adults require 75 mg per day for overall health.
– Vitamin C: Salsa made with 1 cup of diced tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of chopped onions and 1 jalapeno pepper contains approx. 43 milligrams of Vitamin C, more than half the daily recommended intake.
– Weight Control: Tomatoes and other vegetables are natural low calorie choices. Tomatoes are rich in dietary Fiber which can help keep appetite under wraps while dieting.
– Heart Disease: Tomatoes help reduce cholesterol and keep blood sugars in a healthy range. Tomatoes are especially good at stopping the damage to heart arteries that precedes plaque formation.
– Vitamin A: Eating tomato salsa boosts your intake of Vitamin A. This vitamin plays an important role in vision, thyroid hormone function, fetal development and maintains a strong immune system.
– Prostate Cancer: Tomatoes contain a unique antioxidant known as Lycopene which greatly reduces the risk of developing prostate cancer. Regular consumption of tomatoes is associated with a 15% reduction.
2. How long do Chuck & Dave’s Products stay fresh?
We do not recommend consuming Chuck & Dave’s products beyond the use by date listed on the package.
3. Are Chuck & Dave’s products kosher?
Chuck & Dave’s salsa & hummus are kosher approved
Chuck & Dave’s products are HACCP certified. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point, or HACCP is a management system by which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards. We follow a strict program, insuring that our facility is safe and clean, and thoroughly testing our products before they end up on store shelves.
5. How do we rate our salsa in temperature?
Chuck & Dave’s salsas are rated “MILD”, “MEDIUM” and “HOT”. Mild stands for no spice, medium is slightly spicy, and hot is our most spicy with jalapeno and habanero peppers.
6. Is there water added to Chuck & Dave’s salsas?
No there is no water added. We use only the natural juice created from cutting up the fresh vegetables.
7. Can I freeze Chuck & Dave’s salsas?
No, like fresh tomatoes, salsas would no longer be delicious when thawed.
8. Are your containers recyclable?
Yes, as long as your local recycler takes #1, #5, and #7 plastic. You can also reuse them to store leftovers, but please do not cook in microwave unless otherwise stated on container.
9. How do you maintain such a high level of product quality?
Chuck and Dave’s has a certified Safe Quality Food (SQF) management system in place. The system routinely undergoes 3rd party audits to ensure its compliance. Our SQF certification also meets the requirements of the Global Food Safety Initiative, which is recognized as the world wide standard.